Addressing the PSA Eid Banquet at UC Riverside on November 21, 2009, Consul General Syed Ibne Abbas asked the Southern California Pakistani students to participate in an essay competition "International Community and UN Role to resolve the Jammu and Kashmir dispute."
The top three winners are to share $1500 and will have their work published. Winners will get $700 (first prize), $ 500 (second prize), and $300 (third prize). The Consul General will announce the names of the winners
1. Participants (of Pakistan origin) must be enrolled at a local university in Southern California for the 2009/2010 school year.
2. The essay must be single spaced, between 1200 and 1500 words long (excluding bibliography, references, footnotes) and written in English.
3. Only one entry per student - to be submitted electronically as a PDF file - to firstname.lastname@example.org December 31,2009, with ‘Essay Competition' to be mentioned in the subject field. Late entries will NOT be accepted.
4. Please clearly state the following:
· Your name, address, email, contact telephone number
· Your university, major of study, and copy of valid student ID.
5. It must also include a statement confirming that the essay is your own work (any sign of plagiarism will automatically be disqualified)
6. Judging will be by a panel whose decision will be final. The following judges have been named,
· Mr. Adnan Khan, president COPAA,
· Mr. Hamid Malik, past president COPAA,
· Mr. Ahmed Ali, past president COPAA
7. The Pakistan Consulate Los Angeles and Council of Pakistan American Affairs (COPAA) reserve the right to publish all entries submitted.
8. Prize distribution ceremony date will be announced upon announcement of results.
NOTE: The essay rules, any updates, the results of the competition and the winning essays will be posted on www.pakconsulatela.org
www.councilofpakistanamericanaffairs.org, and COPAA sites; local Pakistani newspapers and media will carry this event.