Islamic Shura Council's Annual Conference on March 21
The Islamic Shura Council has announced that its annual conference and banquet will be held on Saturday, March 21, 2015 . Aptly titled, this year's theme is; "Honoring the Past - Celebrating the Present - Shaping the Future." By the grace of God, the Shura Council will celebrate its 20 year anniversary this year, says a press release. It adds:
The conference will honor the pioneers of yesterday and the contributors of today while embracing those who are ready to receive the baton and keep the legacy of service alive in the decades to come.
- We urge families to calendar March 21st to celebrate our collective memories of the last two decades.
- Tickets are now available online and we are pleased to welcome young Muslims to attend the conference for free with a valid student ID.
- We invite the Masajid to plan and showcase their history and growth over these past two decades at the conference. For details please contact Br. Kalim Farooki at (951) 858-2358 or email@example.com .
- We also urge the community members to lend us any pictures that you may have of events and activities during these last two decades. We promise to return your pictures after scanning them. This will help us put together a collage of memories for all of us.
- We invite Muslim vendors and service organizations to showcase their products and services at this important event.
The conference will honor the senior leaders along with those who are currently serving Muslim communities across Southern California. We have also invited a few guest speakers who will share their expertise about other communities from across the nation helping us chart our future decades, the press release concluded.