Help Pakistan’s Earthquake Victims by Donating through Xoom
San Francisco, CA: In support of those affected by the recent earthquake, Xoom, a leading digital money transfer provider, has announced that it will contribute 100% of the money transfer fees for all donations to Pakistan Red Crescent Society (PRCS)sentfrom Xoom.com from November 4-15, 2015. From November 4-15, 2015, consumers can visit www.xoom.com/pakistan to send a donation directly to the PRCS. The donations will arrive instantly in PRCS’s account.
“Our prayers are with the victims and the families deeply affected by the devastating earthquake in Pakistan,” said Nasar Agboatwala, Xoom’s Marketing Manager for South Asia. “We urge the Pakistani community to join hands in the rescue and recovery effort by sending their donations to Pakistan Red Crescent Society via Xoom.com.”
To make a donation to PRCS, consumers can follow these steps:
Sign up for Xoom
1. Visit www.xoom.com and select Pakistan in the drop-down menu. Sign in if you’re an existing Xoom customer or follow the below instructions.
2. Click on the ‘Sign-Up Now for Free’ button - and fill in the required fields
3. Confirm your email address
4. Your Xoom account is now set up!
Make a donation to PRCS
5. Enter the US dollar amount you wish to donate
6. Enter the following on the Recipient information page:
• Bank name: HBL
• Bank account no: 02967900456001
• First name: Pakistan Red
• Last name: Crescent Society
• Address 1: 1-9 Branch, Industrial area
• City: Islamabad
• Province: Islamabad
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone: +92- 3005587375
7. Click “Continue to Payment”
8. Fill in your payment information
9. Authorize your transfer to PRCS
The money will get there instantly, and Xoom will donate 100% of the transfer fee to PRCS.
In addition to the money transfer fee, Xoom generates revenue when it changes your dollars into a foreign currency.
About Xoom: Xoom is a leading digital money transfer provider that enables consumers to send money, pay bills, and send prepaid mobile phone reloads for family and friends around the world in a secure, fast and cost-effective way, using their mobile phone, tablet or computer. During the 12 months ending June 30, 2015, Xoom’s more than 1.4 million active customers sent approximately $6.9 billion with Xoom. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and can be found online.