January 11, 2018
FO condemns Quetta blast, Kasur incident
LAHORE: Foreign Ministry of Pakistan on Thursday strongly condemned the terrorist attack in Quetta, saying: “Our hearts go out to the bereaved families.”
At least six people were killed and 20 others were injured in a suicide attack near Balochistan Assembly on Zarghon Road, Quetta on Tuesday evening.
According to a statement issued by the ministry, Pakistan has given uncountable sacrifices in war against terror, and it will continue to fight against terrorism, no matter what the cost.
The ministry also condemned the recent killing of a minor girl in Kasur terming it a “reprehensible act”.
Markets and educational institutions remained closed for the second day in Kasur as citizens observe shutter down strike against the brutal killing of seven-year-old girl Zainab after rape.
Cheif Justice of Pakistan Saqib Nisar has taken a suo motu notice after the incident sparked nationwide outrage.
He has also ordered the Punjab Inspector General of Police to submit a report to the court within 24 hour.
Earlier in a weekly briefing at Foreign Office (FO), Spokesperson Mohammad Faisal said that Pakistan and the United States were in talks over the matter of security assistance.
He also voiced concerns over India’s plan to send satellites into space, allegedly for spying purpose.
India should refrain from taking steps that can disrupt the balance of power in the region, said the spokesperson.
Back to Top