March 11, 2017
JUI-F rejects FATA merger into KP
PESHAWAR: Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (F) Chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman has said that the tribal people should be taken into confidence regarding introduction of reforms in FATA.
During a meeting party members and tribal elders at Jamiat Ulama-e-Islam Secretariat, Peshawar, Fazl revealed that FATA reforms are not taking place and only its status is going to change.
He said there existed certain reservations and contradictions over the merger of FATA into KP. The JUI-F leader professed that the public representatives do not have any right to carry out actions like dictators. He expressed that unless and until peace comes to FATA, its merger into KP is not a sensible step.
The JUI-F said 20 percent IDPs have returned to FATA while the remaining 80 percent are scattered in other areas. Fazl revealed that the government’s facts and figures with regard to the return of IDPs are wrong.
He lambasted the existence of blasphemous content over social media and demanded that the government to carry out operation ‘RadulFasad’ against the blasphemous content.
Responding to a question, fazl claimed that the public of FATA are alongside him.
Back to Top